14 Apr 2011

Have a Seat

Some will know that I have been on the hunt for a chair (to call my very own) for quite some time now. I dragged my parents to Brick Lane and Spitalfields markets; Mitch was coerced (as muscle to carry the chair if I found it) into accompanying me to Shoreditch; Fellow co-workers were even suggesting possible shops as to where I my perfect chair was hiding. Alas, these where all fruitless expeditions, don't get me wrong, I saw some amazing chairs (I am particularly drawn to Scandinavian designs circa late 1950s-60s) but they were all way out of my price range.

But then my dad spotted this one in a charity shop for 20 quid - bargain. Yes it's not Vintage Danish Wood with leather upholstery but it is pretty unique. Metal frame, wooden arm rests and, most importantly, my mum (v.clever) has re-upholstered it in a William Morris pattern with a cushion to boot.

I write this whilst sitting very comfortably. The chair quest is over, for now.

Fancy chairs from:

http://www.theoldcinema.co.uk/
http://www.chaseandsorensen.com/













Barnet&Beard update:
New hair-do for me.
A bit more beard for Mitch.

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe mum actually used the curtains hahaha! cool chair though. and also nice hair too!

    ReplyDelete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...