19 Mar 2012

Making & Baking - mother's day weekend

(finished muffins, patchwork fabric card I made for my mum, baked treats, mum and nana, enjoying my scone with clotted cream and jam)

Mooma, Mutti, Mama - whatever you call your mum, Mother's Day is a good excuse for the family to get together and, invariably, eat nice things including, if you're anything like my family, numerous types of home made baked goods!

This year the gathering took place at my auntie and uncle's place in the New Forest, Hampshire. My auntie made an a-mazing lunch - chicken pie (with v.tasty pastry), butternut squash, mash and green veg. 

For afters we were spoilt for choice: Scones (made by my mum), Coffee Cake (courtesy of my auntie) AND...earl grey mini muffins baked by me!

The recipe for the muffins can be found here.
I think it says to use muffin cases however my local supermarkets didn't have any so I just used cupcake cases which meant I ended up with a batch of 21. I also decorated some with a dash of lemon icing (icing sugar and a few drops of lemon juice) and some with a little bit of lemon drizzle (mixing caster sugar and lemon juice) just to make sure that the muffins weren't too dry. 
They are perfect with a lovely cuppa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...