14 Oct 2012

the leaves are turning


After the unproductive, and frankly wasted, two days of last weekend I was v.motivated to get the most out of this one. The majority of Saturday was spent in the woods near the little town of godalming, surrey, it was so good to get out of London for the day. The leaves were all changing from lush greens to beautiful orangey reds - the epitome of autumn - the views were really quite spectacular. Whilst rambling in the woods, up and down the hilly footpaths I tried to take some pictures but my camera doesn't really do it justice. We had to contend with some v.changeable weather, even hailstones at one point, but that just made the day more of an adventure trying to avoid the muddy slippery paths, plus I really do like the sound of rain falling in and amongst the trees. Throughly exercised from roaming the woods, my parents and I had enjoyed some tea and cake in godalming, the perfect end to a rather wholesome day!


Also this weekend I went to an artist's house exhibition. I'd met the artist a year ago having interviewed her for the magazine at work. I think she was a little surprised but pleased to see me. Most excitingly I came away with one of her pieces, now I've just got to decide where to put it! Sunday has inspired a flat tidy-up, some ukulele jamming and scarf knitting. Hope you're all having a good one too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that red tree is AWESOME!
    Very nice pics. :)
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! the colours were quite amazing, I should probably invest in a decent camera so I don't have to reply on my phone! x

      Delete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...