27 Mar 2013

Flamingo launch party


Last wednesday I ventured to The Print Club in Dalston for the launch of Flamingo magazine's latest issue. And why was I on the guest list for this fun occasion? Most excitingly, my sister had written an article for them! I'm super proud of her and I think it's proper awesome that her name is in print. Don't get me wrong, writing for the web is cool too but there's something extra special about getting something you've written in printed form :)


We were greeted with a red plastic cup (a la american frat parties) of delicious pale ale AND a copy of issue 4 of the magazine - needless to say I was well chuffed. For those who haven't come across Flamingo before, it's an independent magazine featuring a mix of articles based around the issue's theme, it's beautifully designed, filled with excellent photographs and illustrations all printed on the best paper ever (it smells fantastic). Issue 4 looks at The Future Craft - so it's basically about making stuff -  particularly perfect for me as I do love craft in all it's various forms. You'll find articles on home brewing, knitted art, tattooing, urban farming, modern apprenticeships, cryonics and of course my sister's piece on film restoration. See, a good old mix of interesting things, including stuff you might not have thought of as a craft before! I highly recommend it. Obviously I am a bit biased but I did buy the previous issue (it was all about Homes & Habitats) which didn't feature my sister and loved it! It's the perfect magazine to dip in and out of, great for short journey's on the tube, plus it's a v.handy size and fits perfectly in your bag. Any mag with the tag-line "a magazine that celebrates doing-it yourself" has gotta be good :)

1 comment:

  1. ah ace, well done your sister :) i love the picasso quote xx

    ReplyDelete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...