4 Aug 2014

infinity scarf

On Saturday I finished knitting my infinity scarf. It's nothing fancy - five block colours in good old moss stitch - but I really can't wait to wear it once it gets colder.

It was inspired by this beautiful thing from the purl bee and took just two weeks to complete (told you it was simple!). Knitting in a 27 degree heat was a bit bizarre but not unbearable and in fact was the perfect escape from all the wedding related craft which has somewhat taken over.

This is my third scarf and I feel fairly confident with the knitting needles now. I think I'm ready to take the plunge and attempt something bigger, most probably a jumper. I have a design for one in my head, I just hope I'm not being too ambitious for a first try - I definitely have a tendacy to do this.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I knitted that wrap and I love it but a scarf sounds way more practical! Love your colours :) I'm planing to use the pattern as a basis for a baby blanket next, it was too fun not to use it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to be honest, I don't think I would've had the patience to knit the wrap :) It'll be perfect for a blanket, will keep an eye out for it :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh it looks fantastic! I want to embark on an infinity scarf soon and like this one: http://purlavenue.com/2014/04/neon-stripes-infinity-scarf.html Good luck with the jumper - thats one big project! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks Becca! ah cool, liking the neon and grey in that link. Yeah, it's ambitious but I'm ready to give it go in the autumn. God knows how it'll turn out! x

      Delete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...