18 Dec 2014

four quarters

I've actually had this post hanging around in my drafts folder for a while now and although we went quite a few weeks ago I just had to mention it because Four Quarters is pretty ace.

Based in Peckham in an old butchers shop, four quarters is a bar full old skool arcade games. The twist, you'll be surprised to know, is that the machines are american and you can swap your 25ps for quarters at the bar. A lot of the games seem to only require you to pay once or, like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles one (which Mitch and I completed), not at all.

They stock a great selection of beers and screen films and the like using a projector (WWF was on when we first arrived). I can imagine that it gets busy on Friday and Saturday nights but we went on a Sunday evening which was rather chilled and, most importantly, we got a go on all the games downstairs. I'd highly recommend a visit if arcade games are your bag. I'd also recommend a visit to the Peckham Bazaar for a very lush dinner (which we had) worth booking a table though. So, should you ever find yourself in Peckham, I think I've basically planned your evening :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that the TMNT game is color coded with all four characters!

    ReplyDelete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...