29 Oct 2015

a walk in the woods

I saw an article on the guardian website the other day which talked about how spending time in the woods (or with nature in general) can do you the world of good. After the shit couple of days I've had, I could really do with a walk in the woods but instead I'll recall Sunday's stroll on Chatley Heath...





When we were little, my parents used to take my sister and I to visit the semaphore tower at Chatley Heath. We went in all seasons but my best memories are from when we visited in the autumn. You see, the last bit of the path to the tower is lined with chestnut trees and we used to fill out pockets with sweet chestnuts to be roasted when we got home. Sunday was just like old times :) too bad the tower was closed, it would've been good to go up it again. The sun was setting as we headed back towards the car park and the light was so beautiful. These pictures don't really do it justice but you get the idea.

Hope you're all having better weeks than I am.


2 comments:

  1. Your second to the last photo is pure perfection. I hope your week gets better. I know how you feel, I've been sitting in traffic accidents on my to and from work twice already, about ready to abandon my life and go live in the wilderness....maybe a walk in the woods would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, they made me want to get out into the woods. Sorry things have been shit, too, hope your week improves.

    ReplyDelete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...