23 Dec 2015

all christmassy


Unlike my miserable December last year, this month's festive build up has been perfecto for a number of reasons: 

1. I actually got to go to my work christmas party this year (I was even on the committee that organised it)! We had a staff bake off (my team constructed a 'christmas dinner' cake - my contribution was the plate using this recipe), staff awards AND a dressing up competition. The theme was 'the Christmas spirit' so I went as bottle of Port (pretty much sums up my Xmas spirit).

2. Team Christmas lunch - an epic three hour lunch (complete with secret santa swaps, crackers, festive pass the parcel) followed by mulled wine in the pub.

3. Mini Christmas up in Norfolk with my granddad because we won't see him for actual Christmas. Both my sister and I wore Christmas jumpers and I instantly felt about a thousand times more festive. I've never really been into the whole jumper thing but I'm certainly getting warm to the idea (sorry)!

4. People were handing out mistletoe at Waterloo station one morning. Completely unexpected (and a little random) but lovely all the same.

5. I made Christmas biscuits which I've not done for quite a few years. Icing them was a lot of fun :)

6. Mulled wine and lots of it - drunk at various social meet ups throughout the month.

Today is my last day in the office until 2016 and then I have 11 whole days off!

It's Christmas at home in good old south west London this year, and Mitch and I are doing the cooking (or rather Mitch is and I'm assisting). But before that, it's dinner at a friends' tonight, a mini Christmas in Essex tomorrow with Mitch's family and then annual christmas eve drinks with friends in the evening. Excited doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling!

I wish you all fabulous Christmases with good food, good wine and excellent company :D


2 comments:

  1. That Christmas Dinner cake looks amazing! December has been pretty good so far, especially with the release of the new Star Wars movie. It's Christmas for nerds! The movie is that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Sounds like you'll have a busy but fun time - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...